Monday, May 17, 2010

More thrify finds!

Last weekend it rained, and I mean rained, flashflood style, so I wasn't able to get out and do any garage sales.  Actually this is probably a really good thing considering I have a garage full of jobs to keep me busy.  I have already started on some of these but I'll share a few of the finds I have purchased in the last couple of weeks.
I know what you are thinking.  That has to be the ugliest table I have ever seen!!!! And at this point you would be so right but! .... it is a really good table.  It is really heavy and I think it's made out of oak and it's a really basic shape which is exactly what I wanted.  It is a great investment for only $17.00. I had planned on putting it in the den and covering it with slate tile, but it's too big so now onto plan B.  I have actually already began working on it.  I'll show you more when it's done!
This is a really nice frame, I have a plan that involves some jewelry. It should be the perfect frame and only cost $1.00!

It looks like I am a bit clock crazy, not so.  The red clock caught my eye because it's a round, chunky frame, heavy and wood.  I will take the clock face out and use the frame only. The big clock, I want to completely change.  I have had an idea for this for a long time.  The candle, love it, it's covered in birch.  I love all things birch.  Each one of these was a mere buck!
Ok I know it's a little early to be thinking about Christmas, but I had to have this guy.  Isn't he adorable?  Look at his hat, it's a raccoon!!! He only cost me $6.00 and he lights up.  I can't wait to put him on my porch! He needs a name and I am open for suggestoins, any ideas?
These are just various frames I picked up, most all of them weren't more than $1.00.  I have a plan for a frame wall. I can't wait to get started on it.  I am going to need more wall space at this rate!
I bought these 2 scarves for .25 cents each.  I am planning on using them to make some of those pretty little flowers that everyone is making right now.  That finial is brass, had to have for 2.00 and the little box was also 2.00 at our local thrift shop.  I bought this lampshade for 1.00 at a garage sale and have already made a lamp for it. (Check out my first blog post)
So I showed this chair a couple of weeks ago.  It was all covered in dusty rose, bluuuhhhh, fabric from the eighties. Remember that shiny fabric??? I loved the shape of it and had a plan for it.  I have already began working on it and plan to post it soon.  I wish I could find another one.  The lines on this chair make me so happy, chair love!!! Another thrift store find, $15.00. That is it for now.  Now you can see why I don't need to shop.  I have plenty of stuff to work on for now!  Happy thriftin'

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Great finds! I love large clock, I'm wondering what you have in mind. I also adore the old chair, so sweet. I understand that chair love thing.;0)

Janean said...

uh...the chair took me by surprise until i read about it - lol. i thought, *who would want a fuzzy, hairy chair?* heheh. bet it turns out divine.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the chair in bloom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...