Monday, December 6, 2010

Noel!

So last year I added this little addition to my Christmas decor.
 I had actually thought of it the year before but ran out of time and money to put it together. So as the year went on I watched for the letters and frame to go on sale, when they did I grabbed them up! I really liked it but wasn't sure of the colors. My walls never photograph the right color, they are a deep sagey green.

So I painted the frame and lived with it  a couple of days and it still wasn't what I was looking for
.Here it is once I painted the letters.  I used a metallic red spray paint. I love this color. These looked gold giuilded. Even after I spray painted the black paint came thru.
You can kinda see how the original paint came through a little bit, doesn't look like it has been spray painted at all! I think I need to glaze the frame still. What do you think?
It looks like Candy apple red!

Look at my little elf I picked up last year, he is so cute!  He is sitting on a glass block filled with Christmas lights and wrapped with a bow, very cute gift idea!
Here are a couple of florals I made, really like how they turned out!
I sound like a broken record, but I love the lighting in my house until it comes to taking pics, it is awful!!!
I'm so happy how this table turned out, I think it's one of my favs!



 ~toodles~ Laura

1 comment:

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

I love how the letters turned out! That looks great next to your sage green walls! I would have never guessed you didn't buy them that way. Your florals are beautiful too. Everything looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...