Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Accessorizing above your cabinets

I hope everyone had a great Labor day weekend but mostly I hope if you have been in the middle of this awful heat wave this summer you have finally gotten some relief! We finally did here in Texas! It has been glorious!!! I went to see my sister in East Texas and spent some time doing one of my fav past times, that would be decorating! She is changing up her colors and giving everything an update. I want to share what we did above the cabinets.
 She is changing to blues, greens and golds AND also to the "less is more" style.

She lives out in the country so when we begin these projects it usually involves some creative alternatives. There are no stores close by. We just happened to have some rustic wood ( did I mention their son runs a pallet making place?).
We were low on "stuff" but had  lots of space so I made this grocery sign to fill it in. I LOVE IT! I can't stop thinking about it!!! Now I need one for my house. Isn't that always the ways it goes???
You can see the patina of the wood better up close. Right now I am thinking it's probably one of my favorite things I have ever made, did I say I love it, cause I do!

I loved it so much I had to make 2 more, eggs and milk! My niece said if I make them for her house she wants cupcakes and chocolate! That sounds good to me too!
 I think we're both pretty happy how it all came together with stuff she had laying around. You can't see in that basket, but it's plastic Easter eggs spray painted off white. Hey a girls gotta go with what she's got!
So keep checking back because I think I just became a sign maker! And by the way, loving my new camera!!!!

13 comments:

Comeca Jones said...

Ohh I love the grocery sign.

SkinnyMeg said...

I love love love the signs, looks darling!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

The signs are amazing! You should definitely go in the sign making business. Perhaps sell them on etsy. And how clever to spray paint the Easter eggs! Love that idea.

MamaMonki said...

Love the signs and the idea to spray paint the Easter eggs.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Well, I definitely agree, you are indeed a sign maker. They are all fantastic. The top of the cabinets look fantastic. I have some faux eggs also, but never thought of taking the plastic ones and spray painting them. A couple of the faux's that I have are beight with brown speckles, that could be done too. You did a fantastic job. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Suzie @ The Accent Piece said...

How cute! I would love to try these. I love that blue.
I'm your newest follower!

Kathryn Griffin said...

I so need to decorate above my cabinets! Love the signs and all the pretties! Found you via Beyond the Picket Fence. Tootles, Kathryn http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2011/08/little-goodwill-finds.html

Anonymous said...

How fun is this! Love it....
Deborah

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Wow, the signs turned out WONDERFUL! And I got a kick out of you spraying the Easter eggs, white.
You asked about my little people. They're all Lori Mitchell figurines. Just wait till you see my Christmas ones. : )
I get most of them from 'Bayberry Cove.com'.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
M.L.

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

I'd love to have my hands on a bunch of pallets! They turned out great. Thanks for linking up to the PoPP.

The Pennington Point said...

These are wonderful! You may have found your new business venture. I'd buy one! Lisa~

Oly Momma said...

Great job! That's gorgeous. I just put all my vases and serveware that I don't have space to store on top of my cabinets :). You've inspired me to think about decorating up there. Thanks for sharing. - Jess at OlyMomma

Kim@todayismysome-day said...

Nice job! Love the eggs sign and the eggs in the basket next to it. This simple but wonderful! Saw you at Under the table and dreaming.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...